While recently setting up a local installation of OpenCart with a WAMP setup, I encountered an issue where i received the message “Error: Could not load database file mysql!”. Now i went through the proper steps and checked my config.php file to see if I had declared the correct directory filenames for the constants that are defined there.
Cut to the chase, I had the constants with a leading forward slash ‘/’ when I should not have had one. The proper definitions for me were:
I had it originally with a leading ‘/’ as follows:
After a ton of messing around and frustration, and also searching google like a madman, I found the suggestion to remove the leading slash and it worked!
Maybe this will help one of you out one day.